Aug 25, 2013

Infinite potential


Why would I want to start writing a blog? Well, the idea has been in my head for some time already and I just decided to give it a shot. I have an urge to share my thoughts and feelings about some recent events and what's a better impulse to start, right? I also wanna mention other reasons:

1) To clarify and sort out things in my head
2) To improve myself at writing (more on that later on)
3) To share my beliefs and thoughts in general, someone, hopefully, might find it interesting
4) To write down and share my goals, which will make me think more about it and actually achieve them

 The name of this blog is an oxymoron inspired by my favorite band Northlane. I wanted to use some of their lyrics but all those domains were taken. Also, I can't arrange the design of this blog according to my ideas so I'll just probably use only that picture instead of title and captions. And yeah, that picture is also related to Northlane and for those of you who know me better, it has something to do with my tattoo. I might get to this in detail in the future.

As said earlier, I'd like to elaborate the second point a little. If you're reading this blog and yet it's not popular worldwide, then you know me somehow, most likely personally. Yeah, why do I write in English?
The answers are quite obvious. Besides getting better at English and sharing it with people who don't speak Czech, I find it more challenging and entertaining. Czech language is beautiful indeed but I guess I would sooner or later start writing in English due to my goals and plans. Speaking of which, I'd much rather write in Spanish for practical reasons, but it would take me at least thrice the time and only a fraction of my current possible readers would be able to decipher it.
I also wanna get better at writing in general. I really like the idea of having a blog with thousands views a day or writing articles. But, as with everything, it takes a lot of time and if I say "a lot of", I mean 10,000 hours and more. It might be exaggerated but as many of you already know, it's the estimated time to become proficient in all sorts of activities or skills. How many of you have spent over 10,000 hours practicing some skill? I have not and yet I feel like I'm or I've been more than just good at some things (diabolo juggling or some PC games). However, I also suck at some, like playing guitar. I've been playing for almost 4 years now, but I feel like I learnt nothing. Frankly, I didn't practice much for the last year, but my fingers have been holding the pick and strings for some hundreds or maybe thousands of hours. That 10k hours rule surely applies to guitar playing and I'm glad I've got the whole life in front of me to reach that number.

What a coincidence that the morning after I had writted this post, this cracked.com article appeared on my FB wall.

That's all for an introductory first post, I hope you'll keep on reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment